Saturday 12 January 2008

Waiting

I am waiting for my laundry to finish. I have no clothes. I am in jeans and my jammie top because its the only top I have.

I am still struggling to make connections with people here. I don't get it. I just can't seem to be on their level...and it's not that I think I am above or they are above in the ratio of levels, but they must be in another dimension than I. I can't blame them. I think if a new girl came into the middle of my circle of friends, I may not be so outright welcoming. They do invite me out on occasion and I do partake in drinking, but I don't want to be pissed out of my mind to be able to talk to these people.

For an example. Mark, my neighbor, is in his room. It's only us on the floor, the others have gone to a house party. Now, should I go start a conversation that I know may be awkward and probably not even wanted? Okay, now I am just setting myself up for defeat.

Today Catlin and I went to Brick Lane. It's a market place with a ton of vintage shops which are all over priced. But I did find a sweet Al Pacino shirt for only 3 pounds. That is a deal, my friend. We shall return there later. We also saw a Daniel Johnston exhibit. Now, if you don't know who Daniel Johnston is, he is quite the...artist. His drawing are below. A great musician and his drawings are an interesting glimpse into the brain of this disturbed idiot savant.

I have some pictures finally.

No comments: