Friday 4 January 2008

This is England

The English all look like elves. Every last on of them.

Well, the real ones at least. And by real I mean their fore fathers used to gaze upon the Tower of London with great fear. They all have these cute, little bulbous noses, rosy cheeks, pasty skin, and hobbit like hair. Maybe I am taking it a bit far, but seriously. The English are mythical creatures.

Today was orientation. We met up with the exchange students, such as myself. It was refreshing to actually speak to another human being for once. I was getting tired of my own voice. Plus I think it was getting annoyed with me. We didn't do much but talk about student services, look at the hub, ate lunch. It was a delicious lunch of tiny sandwiches and Clementine's (of which I stole 6).

Afterwards we walked around London and the SoHo district. We walked by Davis Market, Carnaby Street, cute galleries, expensive shops where a bag costs more than my entire bank account, and oh so many little pubs. Then they bought us drinks as some little pub. I ordered my first drink at a pub. It was some organic cider because I have no pallet for ale....yet.

Give me time. I'll be a drunk soon enough.

So I am loving London pretty much completely so far. Until my heart gets broken by some bloody brit. Then I'll be begging to come home.

But until then, I'll be on my mobile, in my flat, drinking my ale which I bought with my quid, and using the loo that has no damn sink for hand washing. It's a beautiful place.

No comments: