Sunday 17 February 2008

Today I took a day trip.

I woke up and made a film about not knowing what to do. Then in the film I decide to go out to Oxford. So I had to go to Oxford. That is just what I did.

The English countryside is beautiful. The farm land, the rolling hills, the 17th century villages, the tudor barns. Everthing. Iowa has nothing on the English country side. Everything was still green and plants were growing. Cows and pigs roamed the land along with horses and sheep. It was a magic sort of feeling. It was like being in Harry Potter. I will be in Harry Potter.

By the way, finished the book. FUCKING AMAZING. I have no reason to live anymore.

So Oxford is about 1 1/2 hours out of the city. It was amazing. Beautiful . Charming. Everything you would epect a city with the oldest university to be. The architecture blew my mind, the winding streets and the meadow. A MEADOW! Yes. I went to a church aptly named "Christ Chuch". You cannot get more to the point. It had a meadow with a winding brook though it that you could rent boats on. The meadow stretched so far that at one point all you see is trees. Then on the other side another open field and more towering church towers. The sound of bells tolling the hour were in the background while birds chirped, babies laughed, and then angels fell out of the sky and draped me in silk. Amazing.

London is great, but the country, the villages, the towns. That is what is great. Architecture from hundreds of years ago still stand and the cobble stone streets are just different. Actually, its in London too, but its different. It doesn't smell as bad and the air is fresh. So fresh I smelled dirt and I though it was heaven. Paths through quiet seclusion, wide open football fields with foxes running across them, churches on every corner. That is what the english are all about! That is the England I want to see! The country side is for me, damn it. Thats it.

No comments: