Thursday 21 February 2008

Hampton Court Palace

I went to a Palace. For real, yo.

I went to Hampton Court Palace which is on the Thames just on the outside of London. It was chilly, foggy, and grey. The perfect London day. This palace was the home of Henry the 8th. It was pretty amazing to walk down the halls of the great palace that he himself used to waddle down.

I guess when he was young he was supposidly handsome, valliant, had fine calfs, and talented. Then he went nuts and killed his wives. Although he was with Catherine for 20 years. Not many people realize that.

The Tudor part of the castle was I think my favorite, although I did feel like I was in Amadeus as I walked down the long cooridoors of the Georgian part. The cielings were high, the furniture rich and ornamental, the tapastries to die for, the rock crystal chandelier was a rock crystal chadeleier....I mean, what else can one say about such a place? The gardens were specatular even in the winter. Like I've said earlier, everything here is still green and the Kew trees were full on hunter green. Green against the grey, magic.

And swans. There were swans that went right up to my feet and stared menacingly at them. Then they went off to do swan things.

I frolicked in the meadow, the fog heavy and receeding into the background. There were no buildings for miles, it seemed. A giant pool that must have been a 1/4th of a mile long was surrounded by trees and had the stranges birds bathing in them. All black except for a little white on their heads.

My spell check won't work and I know my spelling is horrid in this entry. Please, please ignore them at all costs since I have as well.

What else? Beer, 3 gin and tonics. Nothing. Felt nothing except hot. Fire alarm at 3:40am. Pissed. Worked on a REALLY AWESOME video today. Working slowly on my own. Someday, Jenny. Someday.

No comments: