Monday 7 April 2008

CONT'D

So Edinburgh. Beautiful. Wet. Hilly.

I went to The Castle Edinburgh yesterday. It was sunny and fucking cold as hell. The castle is perched atop a rocky cliffside overlooking most of Edinburgh that isn't on the Royal Mile. It cost me 11 quid to see the view. The castle itself wasn't so impressive. I mean, it was a castle and all castles, regardless , are amazing for me. There was a lot of war stuff there. Cannons, the war museum, prisoners of war museum, war war war. The Scotts love their war. I did get to see the crown jewels of Scotland which had been hidden for a couple hundred years and found at the bottom of a chest. AND there were ruins. So that was nice.

There are kilt shops and wollen textile shops a plenty. Scotland is known for its textiles and of course, the Tartan. Gift shops with little naked scotsman and all that glorious stuff. Tomorrow I do a walking tour and then the next day I am off for a day to the highlands to see LOCHNESS!!! WHOO!!

Tonight though, I am going on a haunted tour. Muahaha.

No comments: